Priscilla Williams is a Methodist minister turned full-time fine artist. In addition to painting works of art in partnership with God, her specialty is teaching others to connect with God via the visual language of art, either through the creation of art or through the inspired observation of art, also known as Glory Gazing. If you are looking to connect with God in new and different ways or have an interest in the creative arts, this episode is for you!
In this episode, you will learn:
- The process of coming to God we must go through when we are stuck in the world yet looking for more.
- How art can facilitate the process of coming to God and help you connect in new and different ways with Him.
- How to get clarity when you feel God is calling you to more than one work and you don’t see how it all fits together.
- The importance of learning and using multiple sensory languages (visual, verbal, auditory, kinesthetic, etc.) to connect with and commune with God.
- Tools for differentiating between the expectations often put upon us in a religious community versus the expectations God has for us and our lives.
- What it looks like to invite God’s direction into your life versus telling God your own plan and then inviting Him to make it happen.
- How God created art for Himself and as a tool to reveal Himself to us.
- How the arts let us absorb and relate beyond words to God and to each other because God wanted to say more than words about Himself.
- How to let God “do the protecting” even when you or your dreams have been crushed by the insensitive or cruel comments of others.
Graham Cooke: http://brilliantperspectives.com
Priscilla’s first painting after encountering God: https://glorygazing.com/inspired-paintings/inspired-paintings-part-7/self-portrait/
The United Methodist Church: http://www.umc.org
Priscilla’s painting “To Be Known”: https://glorygazing.com/inspired-paintings/inspired-paintings-part-7/to-be-known/
Priscilla’s book Visual Encounters: Meeting God Through Creative Journaling: https://glorygazing.com/glory-gazing-store/shop-visual-encounters-workbook/
2 Samuel 22:26 “To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless.”
James 4:6 “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (NIV)
Matthew 18:3 “And he said: Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (NIV)
Connect with Priscilla:
Priscilla Williams, 958 Village Rd., Lancaster, PA 17602
Website and Store: https://glorygazing.com